Sunday, May 08, 2005

Best Albums Ever- Led Zeppelin I

Led Zeppelin I
January 12, 1969

Led Zeppelin really didn't make any bad albums. They made a few that weren't as good as some of their others, but that's far different than saying they made a bad album. For that reason, I'm starting with their first rather than jumping to their best albums, (II, IV, Houses of the Holy). Because the fourth album has been completely killed for a lot of us by FM radio overplay, and because "II" was killed for a lot us by tape-deck and FM radio overplay, "I" isn't a bad place to start anyhow. There are a number of great great songs here that (thankfully) got overlooked by a lot of the classic radio station playlists, so a lot of it still sounds as fresh as it did way back in the day.


Click on the pic to buy this album
from Amazon if you don't have it
already. You can thank me later.

1. Good Times Bad Times
2. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
3. You Shook Me
4. Dazed and Confused
5. Your Time is Gonna Come
6. Black Mountain Side
7. Communication Breakdown
8. I Can't Quit You Baby
9. How Many More Times

No comments: