Sunday, July 10, 2005

Great Albums- The Doors

The Doors
January 1967

When I was a kid, I thought Jim Morrison was the epitome of cool. I wore out a copy of the Greatest Hits album. I didn't get into the longer poetical musings of Mr. Morrison and company because I was young and shallow.

Well, now I'm old and shallow, and I still think Morrison was kinda cool (and probably alive somewhere). I don't listen to many Doors songs anymore, and though I'm a little more able to handle Morrison's poetry, I'm less able to handle the "big top circus" sound that Ray Manzarek's piano produced.

This first album, though, is a great one. Crank up the first three songs and you'll be amazed at how well this album translates 38 years later.








1. Break on Through (To the Other Side)
2. Soul Kitchen
3. Crystal Ship
4. Twentieth Century Fox
5. Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar)
6. Light My Fire
7. Back Door Man
8. I Looked at You
9. End of the Night
10. Take It as It Comes
11. The End

No comments: